The game-changing zero client
vCloudPoint zero client is a game-changing device that overcomes the weaknesses of traditional zero/thin client. Combined with the vMatrix Server Manager software, it provides the most powerful yet easiest-to-deploy, use, and manage sharing solution without sacrificing desktop experience and delivers the best TCO.
The vCloudPoint device is a compact, cell-phone size network access device that connects the end user’s display, input devices and other USB peripherals to the desktop sessions running on a shared computer and effectively allows up to 99 users to simultaneously share its untapped resources while still providing users with rich PC experience.
The vCloudPoint device is referred to as a zero client because in contrast to thin client and PC, it contains no moving parts but only the necessary hardware & firmware to initialize a conversation with the network, begin network protocol processes, and display desktop output. It centralizes all software, processing and management to just what is running on the host, leaving little more than a keyboard, mouse and monitor at a user’s desk. As a result, it requires no endpoint management software, no local driver to install, no patch management, and no local operating system licensing fees or updates. The device consumes very little power and is tamper-resistant and completely incapable of storing any data locally, providing a more secure endpoint.
vMatrix Server Manager Software
The vMatrix Server Manager software, running on the host computer, enhances the overall functionality and usability of the sharing system by offering flexible OS support, secure desktop roaming, centralized management and broad peripheral support. IT Administrators can configure, monitor and manage the endpoint devices and users centrally and simply at the server side through the front-end console.
(vMatrix is the intellectual property and registered trademark of Cloudpoint Technology Co., Ltd. Click to view vMatrix Copyright Certificate.)
The functions performed by vMatrix Server Manager software include:
- Giving the administrator complete visibility into the OS, CPU, memory, storage, networking and other critical elements of the host computer;
- Creating and managing user accounts & password;
- Authorizing users to access specific desktop session;
- Discovering vCloudPoint zero clients and USB peripherals;
- Monitoring and controlling end user desktops;
- Configuring user USB, audio, resolution, video, etc;
- Broadcasting the administrator’s desktop to the end users;
- Controlling privacy and visibility of disk partitions to users;
- Providing a communication path for administrators & users through the integrated Chatting Room;
- Keeping down user and administration behavior;
- Reducing initial acquisition costs– The initial acquisition costs are saved when replacing PCs with vCloudPoint zero clients which cost less than half the price of entry-level PCs.
- Better leverage of IT budgets– Sharing resources on a centralized PC improves leverage of hardware upgrade budgets and software licensing.
- Minimizing endpoint maintenance– With no failure -prone moving parts, repairs on the zero clients are rare and your maintenance costs are minimized to just on the shared computer.
- Greater energy saving– Compare to the 110 watts or more by a typical PC, the vCloudPoint zero clients consume only 5 watts and produce much less heat, providing at least an 80% savings in energy consumption and air conditioning over PCs.
- Longer desktop refresh cycles– Lack of moving parts improves life spans in harsh environments like restaurants, public spaces, warehousing and manufacturing. The obsolescence-free feature also proves longer desktop refresh cycles, saving both refresh budgets and cutting the time for the refresh from weeks to hours.
- Easy provisioning– Deploying hundreds of workstations can be a few hours compared to days or weeks with PCs. Install the vMatrix Server software on the shared PC, add multiple users, plug in Ethernet cable, mouse, keyboard, and monitor, and users are ready to work. A new workstation can be setup in seconds.
- Centralized management.– There is nothing for IT to configure, manage, or update at the endpoint. All installations, patches & updates are done on a single host. One IT staff can handle 5 times as many devices and users compared to PCs.
- Remote technical support– IT and support staff can provide support or fix problems right from their desks through monitoring and controlling over user desktops, eliminating the costs and delays of having to travel to remote user locations.
- Reducing unplanned downtime– With no failure-prone parts and desktop-related problems unplanned endpoint downtime is greatly reduced. Even when turn faulty, the vCloudPoint zero client can be placed, helping the user back to work in seconds.
- Rapid roaming from any client– No time is wasted on moving a heavy laptop or rebooting the system. With a simple log-off and then log-in from any vCloudPoint zero client, the user’s back at his desktop with all open applications and files still in place.
- Enabling file sharing– With some disks configured visible to all, users can share and store files easily on these public disks without the need to copy or transfer between desktops.
- Eliminating virus infection– With no resident OS or storage capable of running software, the vCloudPoint zero client provides a completely secure endpoint that is immune to viruses and other malware.
- Security policies and monitoring– vMatrix allows IT staff to apply security policies, monitor, and remotely disable any end user from logging in or lock-down locally connected USB peripherals, preventing users from copying confidential data to removable storage.
- No risk of data lost– Since the vCloudPoint zero clients cannot store any data locally, users are free of worrying about data loss stemming from hardware failure or laptop/PC theft.
- Freeing desktop footprint– The vCloudPoint zero client is only a cellphone size and can be mounted on the back of the monitor to save valuable space on the desktop.
- No Noise on working– Without any storage and fan, the vCloudPoint zero client makes no noise when running.
- Less heat and e-waste– Consuming much less energy meaning the vCloudPoint zero client produces much less heat and e-waste when compared to standard PCs.
|Connections:||Front Panel:2 × USB 2.0 ports, 1× microphone jack, 1× speaker jack, 1× power/reset switch;
Rear Panel:2 × USB 2.0 ports, 1× 5V DC in, 1× VGA monitor, 1× RJ45 Ethernet
|Power Consumption:||Standby: 0.2w;
Working:5w; (independent of external USB devices)
|Display Resolutions:||Normal display (true color depth) @ 60Hz: 640×480,800×600,1024×768, 1280×1024,1600×1200
Wide display (true color depth) @ 60Hz: 1280×720,1280×800,1366×768,1440×900,1680×1050,1920×1080
|Networking:||10/100 Mbps Switched Ethernet (RJ45); optional WIFI antenna: 802.11b/g/n (factory install)|
|USB peripherals:||Supported USB devices include memory device, headphone, printer (both single and multiple functional), scanner, touch screen, U key, card reader, and USB converters|
|Audio:||16 bit stereo audio input / output via 3.5mm stereo jacks|
|Video & Flash:||Powered by vCloudPoint DDP, supporting online & local Full HD 1080p in all formats|
|Internal Hardware:||All solid-state design. No moving parts, no fans, no local user storage|
|Connection Number:||vMatrix Server software permits up to 99 users per shared PC|
|Size & Weight:||124(W)x75(D)x26(H) mm; 125g for device, 70g for power supply, 400g for shipping weight|